Individual tax returns – from soup to nuts
Who Will Benefit?
- CPAs who need up-to-date expertise in individual income taxation for the upcoming tax season
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 and new developments
- Health insurance tax credit and other tax credits
- Dividends, interest and planning opportunities
- Compensation issues, deferred plans and fringe benefits
- Distributions from IRAs and other qualified plans
- Gross income exclusions
- Passive losses
- Vacation homes, home offices and bad debts
- Travel and entertainment
- Depreciation and amortization
- Gain and loss recognition and basis rules
- Property transactions: capital gain vs. ordinary income
- Self-employed health insurance, alimony and other adjustments to income
- Itemized deductions
- Tax computations and tax credits
- Learn the various aspects of filing individual taxes, including requirements, tax rates, deductions, credits and retirement.
- Apply the latest tax reform changes when preparing federal income tax returns.
- Advise clients on new developments and tax-saving ideas for individuals.
Make sure you are armed with the latest tax changes and legislative guidance. Our self-paced CPE helps you guide your clients in the constantly changing landscape of individual income taxation.
We'll also cover frequently used principles and a wealth of tax-planning tips and strategies you can use all year long.
Get your tax return training from the industry's best.
1040 Tax Return Workshop provides the latest practical insights from nationally recognized tax experts.
You can be confident in the update you receive and the guidance on how to apply the changes.