Brush up on your knowledge of internal control.
Who Will Benefit?
- Practitioners responsible for or involved in financial statement audits.
- Key concepts of the COSO framework, including components and principles of internal control
- Management responsibilities versus auditor responsibilities
- Common significant accounting processes
- Tools and techniques used for internal control documentation
- Recall factors that an auditor should consider when obtaining an understanding of the entity and its environment, including internal control.
- Identify keys to success in designing a control environment with strong internal controls.
- Recall internal control objectives, components, and principles.
- Identify tools that can assist in the documentation of internal control.
- Identify ways to obtain efficiencies and effectiveness in internal control in various types of smaller entities.
How will this product help you with the work on your desk?
- Work more efficiently knowing that you have adequate internal controls.
Are you able to identify departmental policies and procedures that function as controls to mitigate against risks of fraud and errors? Are you confused about how to document or review documentation of your entity or client's processes and controls?
Starting with an overview of the COSO guidance, this CPE self study course introduces you to the components and principles of internal control. This course covers:
- The basic tools used to document processes and controls for all types of organizations;
- Numerous examples of internal control best practices for all COSO internal control components and principles;
- The assessment of risks and the identification of related controls and addresses the responsibilities of management versus those of the auditor.
Gain practical experience with case studies and hands−on questionnaires.
The practical hands−on exercises are designed to give accounting and finance professionals real−world knowledge on how internal controls, including technology related controls and considerations, can have an immediate impact on daily tasks. You will walk through exciting use cases while acquiring a deeper understanding of the responsibilities of management versus those of the auditor