Equip yourself with the necessary skills.
- Transaction basics
- Due diligence
- Asset versus stock based transactions
- Transaction terms
- Buyer and seller best practices
- Golden parachutes
- Section 382 limitations
- Recall the steps in a business acquisition.
- Recognize the team of advisers involved with the transaction.
- Recall key points related to due diligence procedures and transaction documentation.
- Analyze the three principle approaches to valuation of a business.
- Identify key buyer groups and the impact of a sale on them.
- Determine compensation alternatives for individual buyers and sellers.
Save when you buy the complete Tax Staff Essentials, Level 3 online bundle.
Do you have the skills to offer tax advice to a client or employer who is considering buying or selling a business? This CPE self-study course will introduce you to the most common types of business acquisitions and equip you with necessary tax related skills.
You will receive a thorough overview of buying and selling, including guidance on due diligence procedures and best practices, as well as how to properly calculate, document, and value a business acquisition transaction.